So I was talking to my friend Lydia in London…
OK, I just have to stop here and admit how worldly I feel when I actually put that in writing. It’s not like I don’t have friends in other parts of the world–I still talk to a guy I met when I did a summer abroad in grad school who is now a doctor in India, and a British girl I met waaaayyy back when I visited Spain who now lives in Italy, just to name a couple. It’s just so rare that I get to name-drop them for worldliness cred, hahahah. I love the internet for a LOT of reasons, but I think one of the biggest ones is the fact that it makes it so easy to keep in touch with–or even meet and befriend–people who live tens of thousands of miles away, and to see what life is like where they are.
Which brings me to the point of this post…sort of.
So anyway, as I was saying, my friend Lydia (an escort in London) and I were talking about some of the differences between the escort (or professional companion or provider or whatever term you prefer) biz here in the U. S. and over there in the U. K. I won’t bore you with all the details, especially since you likely have a pretty good idea, if you know anything about the U. K. And if you don’t, an observant reader can probably figure it out by looking through her her website.
…Which is what I did. And then I started to read her escort blog. And since I’m kind of new at this whole blogging thing, I decided to use one of her blog posts as inspiration for mine.
So, without further ado, I present to you, inspired by a post on Lydia’s blog…
Ten Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week!!!!
(Ok, I know that after all that, you probably expected something much more exciting than a list, but hey, this stuff was exciting to me, and it’s my blog. Think you can do better? Write your own darn blog!)
- Spring cleaning! Yes, I finally stopped procrastinating and I got rid of a bunch of junk–clothes I never wear, shoes that are cute but uncomfortable (those were the hardest to part with), and long-forgotten makeup from last year (that stuff expires, ya know).
- New Lingerie! I stopped at a little shop in the French Quarter and bought myself a new matching bra and garter belt. There’s nothing like a new matching set.
- Season premiere of True Blood!!! I love this show. So sexy. So ridiculous. What’s not to like?
- I had a couple of very enjoyable dates. And that’s all you get to hear about that, since I value discretion ;)
- I got a new refrigerator! My old one was on the fritz for several days until I was able to get a new one. Now I can stock up on ice cream…er…I mean…frozen yogurt. Yeaaahhh, that’s it. Fro-yo…
- A friend called to let me know he’s coming in next weekend, and we’re gonna go see Prometheus in the theater! I haven’t seen a movie in the theater in forever–mostly because I don’t like to drive out to Metry or Kenner to do so, lol. But the previews for Prometheus look really cool, and I am a HUGE fan of Alien and Aliens, and apparently, this is some kind of pre-quel? Whatever, Ridley Scott directed it, and he directed Blade Runner and Alien, so I think it has a pretty good chance of being good.
- About five minutes ago, I learned that Ridley Scott is actually quite handsome. Huh. Learn something new every day, I guess.
- We’re working on a special project at work this week for a client that buys us lunch EVERY DAY. And it’s always good.
- I remembered to buy Father’s Day cards on time and send them off with days to spare. I am patting myself on the back for that one.
- I also remembered to buy batteries for my…well, you know. I don’t need to pat myself on the back for that one; just having them is reward enough ;)